Thank you for visiting our website (“Site”). University of Consciousness (“UOC” or the “Company”) is committed to treating the personal and corporate information of users, customers, and suppliers of our Site with respect and sensitivity.
1. WHAT PERSONAL DATA DOES THE COMPANY COLLECT?
We collect personal information that you enter on our Site or otherwise voluntarily provide us when you contact us to, among other things, make purchases or request information. You may choose not to provide certain information, but you may not be able to take advantage of many of our functions.
For this Policy, “Personal data” means information (either stored electronically or in paper file systems) related to a living individual that can be identified from that data (or from that data and other information in our possession). Personal data can be:
- factual – such as name, address, email, phone or date of birth
- sensitive – such as financial account information, protected health or medical details or information about your racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or similar beliefs, physical or mental health or sexual condition or life; or
- opinion – as the results of a self-assessment test.
UOC collects only the Personal Data that is relevant for the purposes for which they are requested. UOC does not use your Personal Data in any way that is incompatible with the purposes for which it was collected or for which you have given your consent.
You can visit our site without telling us who you are or revealing any personal information. However, in some circumstances, we may request it and you may submit Personal Data, which may include:
Information You Provide
When you contact us through our Site or communicate with us by phone, email or other means, or meet us at a UOC event, we may collect Personal Data, which includes:
- contact information, such as name, address, email, and telephone;
- financial information, such as credit card information and the account collected when you buy products or services;
- identification information, such as sex and date of birth;
- data and results of the self-assessment, such as the information you enter when taking self-assessment questionnaires, assessment tests and the like;
- information about your health, which is necessary, for example, when participating in some of our live events;
- personal information about your goals and aspirations for our products, services and live events;
- for those who consider being employed with UOC, professional personal information such as a resume, salary history, educational history, citizenship information, and position sought, as appropriate;
- for current or potential affiliates, suppliers and subcontractors, personal information such as social security number, federal tax identification number or other relevant information, as applicable.
- When considering a person for employment, additional personal data may be collected.
Information We Collect About You
When you visit our site, our web server automatically collects and stores the following information:
Technical information, including the Internet Protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, referring website address, browser type and version, time zone settings, browser plug-in types, and versions, operating system, and platform;
Information about your visit, including uniform resource locators (URLs), the link to clicks to and from our site (including date and time), the pages of our Site that you saw; Page response times, download errors, duration of page visits, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks and oversized mouse), methods used to navigate outside the page and any phone number used to call our number Customer service.
This information helps us improve our Site and facilitates your online experience when accessing our Site.
Information We Receive from Other Sources
This is the information we receive about you from third parties that operate other Sites or services that we use to provide you with our products and services. We work closely with third parties, including, for example, business partners, promoters, affiliates, and subcontractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, marketing analysis providers, promotions and search information providers. We will notify you when we receive information about you and the purposes for which we intend to use that information.
2. HOW DOES THE COMPANY USE PERSONAL DATA?
INFORMATION YOU GIVE US
We will use this information:
- to provide you with the information, products, and services that you request;
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contract concluded between you and us, or between you and our promoters, affiliates or distributors;
- contact you in the future to provide information about other goods and services we offer, or that our affiliates or external suppliers offer;
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to comply with applicable laws and regulations;
- to assess your suitability to participate in our live events, and to determine additional UOC materials, services or events to recommend and market;
- for training purposes, quality assurance and to record details about the products and services you request from us;
- to make inquiries about you for credit reference purposes;
- to perform data analysis (including anonymization and aggregation of personal data);
- for potential employees, to respond to your job application and process your CV.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU. WE WILL USE THIS INFORMATION:
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistics, and surveys;
- improve our site to ensure that the content is presented most effectively for you and your computer;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure.
INFORMATION WE RECEIVE FROM OTHER SOURCES.
We will combine this information with the information you give us and the information we collect about you. We will use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
3. DO WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL DATA WITH ANY THIRD PARTY?
Some of the services and products available on our Site and in our events. Sometimes we disclose your Personal Data to those third parties, and sometimes they collect your Personal Data in the first instance and provide it to us. All third parties use your Personal Data only on behalf of UOC and under the instructions of UOC on how your information can be used and processed. UOC and our partners will use your Personal Data for limited purposes as specified in this Policy. UOC takes reasonable measures to ensure that these third parties use their Personal Data only for the purposes for which UOC hired them and that they agree to provide protection for their Personal Data that is no less protective than those established in this Policy.
By visiting our site or attending our events and sharing your personal data, you agree that we have the right to share your personal information with selected third parties, including:
- Sales: business partners, promoters, affiliates, distributors, suppliers and subcontractors to satisfy your requests to purchase goods and services from our Site or in our events;
- Marketing: business partners, promoters, affiliates, distributors, suppliers and subcontractors to directly market the goods and services that may interest you;
- Self-assessment tests: business partners, promoters, affiliates, distributors, suppliers and subcontractors that administer and provide self-assessment services for tests, including the evaluation test;
- Cloud services: business partners, promoters, affiliates, distributors, suppliers and subcontractors that provide cloud storage services;
- Contractual performance: business partners, promoters, affiliates, distributors, suppliers and subcontractors for the execution of any contract we conclude with you, or that enter with you on behalf of UOC;
- Web analysis: analytics and search engine providers that help us improve and optimize our site.
- Medical evaluation: business partners, promoters, affiliates and subcontractors that analyze the medical information you send to determine if you are an appropriate participant in our live events.
WE CAN ALSO DISCLOSE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION TO THIRD PARTIES IN THE FOLLOWING CIRCUMSTANCES:
If we sell or buy any business or asset, in which case we will disclose your Personal Data to the potential seller or buyer of said business or assets as part of the purchase, transfer or sale of services or assets;
If we sell all or most of our assets to a third party, in which case the personal information of our clients will be one of the transferred assets;
Whenever we share information with third parties, we will take measures to ensure that third parties implement the appropriate measures to safeguard their Personal Data, and they will be asked to use the Personal Data only for the purpose for which they were shared.
4. OUR STORAGE OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
5. ACCESS TO OTHER WEBSITES
6. PROTECT CHILDREN'S PRIVACY
7. ADDITIONAL POLICIES IN COMPLIANCE WITH THE EEA PRIVACY LAWS
7.1 GDPR DEFINITIONS
“Controller” means the Company that is the organization that determines the purposes for which, and the way Personal Data is processed and used in your business.
“Processor” means any person who processes personal data.
“Person” means a natural person, corporation, association, organization, society or other legal entity.
“Processing” is any activity that involves the use of Personal Data. It includes, without limitation, obtaining, registering or storing Personal Data, or carrying out any operation or set of operations in Personal Data, including the organization, modification, recovery, use, disclosure, deletion or destruction thereof. The processing also includes the transfer of personal data to third parties.
7.2 LA BASE LEGAL PARA EL PROCESAMIENTO DE SUS DATOS PERSONALES
To comply with the GDPR, we must establish a legal basis for the processing of your Personal Data. By the purposes for which we collect and use your Personal Data, as set forth above, the legal basis for processing your Personal Data will generally be one of the following:
• our own legitimate business interests, or the legitimate business interests of our third-party partners, promoters, affiliates, distributors, suppliers, suppliers and subcontractors, such as providing direct marketing to our customers of our products and services that we think would be of interest, allowing potential employees to seek and request job opportunities, answer questions from our promoters, affiliates, distributors, suppliers, and customers or other instances in which we have carried out a legitimate interest assessment and established an existing legitimate interest;
• the execution of a contract we have with you;
• your consent when appropriate; or
• compliance with our legal obligations, even to comply with national security requirements or comply with the law.
7.3 WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorized access.
7.4 ADDITION HOW LONG DO WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
In some cases, there is a legal requirement to keep personal data for a minimum time. Except in these circumstances, we do not retain your Personal Data more than necessary for the purposes for which the Personal Data was collected or for which it will be subsequently processed.
7.5 YOUR RIGHTS REGARDING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Subject to certain exceptions, you have the following rights concerning your Personal Data:
To receive a copy of the personal data we have about you;
To request that any inaccurate or incomplete Personal Data be corrected or supplemented;
To have your personal data erased, unless we have a legitimate reason to keep personal data (for example, if we are required to do so for legal reasons); Y
To request that we not process your Personal Data for a specific purpose, including marketing.
All these rights are subject to certain conditions and exemptions. For example, UOC will not have the obligation to erase your Personal Data if we need to keep it to protect us in case of a legal claim.
To exercise any of these rights, send us a written request using the contact information detailed below. The Company reserves the right to charge a fee when processing such request as permitted by applicable laws and regulations. You can also choose not to receive additional marketing information by unsubscribing in any marketing email we send you.
9. CONTACT US
University of Consciousness, LLC.
1000 Ponce de Leon Blvd,
Coral Gables, Fl. 33134
Updated Sep 1st, 2019